A lot of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems are offered by SAP. SAP stands for ‘Systems, Applications, and Products in data processing.’ A lot of financial data, consumer accounts, and product inventory – SAP contains all of these things.
There are a lot of tools in SAP used to design your website using components and pages. A customer service tool, marketing related functionality, enterprise search tooling, back office management tools are a few other essential tools. SAP e-commerce software is called the SAP Hybris.
The e-commerce store needs to receive data from the SAP Systems. A list of things that are carried over is mentioned below –
- The Contract Pricing – The pricing of the contract is the heart of B2B commerce. If you wish to check something related to the pricing immediately, a good SAP e-commerce solution will directly from the SAP database import contract. You could do this through either manual, or automatic uploads called batch uploads. The web services interface presents the SAP data in real time.
- The Inventory Availability – You should be able to show all your customers a legit inventory data list. Since the SAP database already has the inventory, all you have to do is download the necessary data and present it to your client.
- The Order Tracking – Tracking manual orders can be a time-consuming job. With SAP, all of this data goes live if you have stored the order. Centralization of data avoids data loss and data duplication. It generally makes life easier for you and your client.
- Credit Limits – This service from SAP keeps track of the credit score of the customer. The customer can continue placing his orders only if enough credit is available, so there is enough base for him to check his score before placing the order.
The value added features SAP e-commerce provides a lot of features to the digitalization of the entire system.
- Real time error-free order posting – Only 100 percent accurate orders can be posted on SAP. This can be done on a real-time basis.
- The return of SAP error messages – In case there is any error in the initial order filling, the SAP system does not approve the order. The request is sent back for correction. This is a boon for companies and for their clients. This ensures there is no wrong order.
- A personalised theme of the catalogue for each consumer – This is done to ensure perfect relevance to what happens when the user tries to create an order.
- An all-time self-service sales portal – The self-portal works every single minute of the hour, every single day of the month, and every month of the year. It makes the consumer’s life very easy to manage.
Leveraging SAP data for e-commerce
- The e-commerce syncs and transfers the data to the interface with SAP on a real time basis.
- Customised stores send data in batch updates to the SAP.
To become a SAP expert, you must go through the SAP Hybris Interview question booklet and ensure you crack the interview with flying colours. SAP experts are generally paid handsomely.